Custodial Interference

Custodial Interference

If you are a parent who has gone through a divorce, you are likely making some difficult adjustments to comply with parenting time and/or responsibilites orders. It is difficult enough as is not being able to have your child under your roof seven days a week, but it can be even more difficult if your ex decides to interfere with your parenting time.

How To Deal With Custodial Interference

Known as many things – custodial interference, visitation interference, visitation abuse – at Feinberg Sharma, our lawyers can help you protect your parental rights and your parenting time. Widely respected throughout the Chicago area, Northshore, and Northwest Suburbs, our attorneys find effective solutions to hold parents accountable for violating court orders.


Experienced Legal Guidance To Help Deal With Complex Laws
Although there are criminal and civil remedies available to parents whose parental rights are threatened due to interference, it can be difficult to know which way to proceed. Our lawyers can help you gather the proper evidence to prove a pattern of misbehavior, including:

  • Refusing to allow the child to visit the other parent or returning the child to his or her primary residence;
  • Alleging that the child does not want to see his or her other parent;
  • Not complying with agreements such as frequently causing the child to miss extracurricular activities;
  • Booking the child for activities during parenting time with the noncustodial parent so the parent and child cannot spend time together.


Most importantly, do not try to take the law into your own hands, even if you are frustrated by the legal process. Our family law firm has spent more than 40 years helping parents in Chicago and surrounding suburbs, and we can help you determine the best way to resolve any disputes.


Protect Your Rights to Parenting Time. Call Feinberg Sharma, Today.
Located in Chicago, Illinois, our family law lawyers have the experience and resources to represent you effectively. To schedule a consultation, contact our office today by calling 312-376-8860, or email us at